Terms and Conditions
- VALUE ADDED TAX – Prices exclude VAT. This will be added at current rate applicable at the date of sale.
- MINIMUM ORDER VALUES & DELIVERY CHARGES – Orders over £40.00 qualify for free delivery. Orders under £40.00 are subject to a carriage charge of £6.95.
- FORCE MAJEURE – No liability is accepted by Excel Office Supplies Ltd for any direct or indirect loss arising from non-delivery or delay in delivery of any goods caused by acts of God, riots, war, explosion, fire, flood, storms, lock-outs, strikes, national or local legislation or regulation, the service of proceedings alleging the infringement of third party patent rights, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, and shortage of materials.
- DESCRIPTION OF GOODS – All descriptions and illustrations contained in any catalogues, price lists, advertising matter and other literature of Excel Office Supplies Ltd are intended merely to present a general idea of the goods described therein and none of them shall form part of the contract.
- DELIVERY TIMES – Whilst every endeavour is made to effect deliveries on time, no representation as to the exact dates is to be implied and no liability will be accepted for any loss or damage occasioned by delay in delivery however caused.
- CANCELLATION – Any cancellation of an order on Excel Office Supplies Ltd MUST BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING BY FAX, LETTER OR EMAIL FROM THE PURCHASER
- SHORTAGES, INCORRECT GOODS SENT, DISCREPANCIES OF ANY KIND OR DAMAGED IN TRANSIT – MUST BE NOTIFIED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF RECEIPT OF GOODS. Customers signing for the receipt of goods, not noting shortages or damage, are liable for the loss. Customers signing for goods ‘UNEXAMINED or DAMAGED’ must notify details to Excel Office Supplies Ltd within 48 hours of receipt of goods to avoid liability for the loss.
- RETURNS – Goods not required must be returned within 5 working days of receipt. Goods returned after 5 working days, will be subject to a handling charge and are returnable at the discretion of Excel Office Supplies Ltd. All goods returned MUST be in original packaging and be in a re-saleable condition. Returns of specialist items such as perishable items, furniture, promotional items or items made to order may not be eligible for a return or may incur a charge for returning the item leading to a partial credit.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT – The prices charged and against which payment must be made, will be those prices ruling at the date of despatch of the goods. Unless otherwise agreed, cash must be sent with order or cash paid against proforma invoice until a credit account has been approved. Credit terms require payment within 30 days from the date of invoice. Excel Office Supplies Ltd have the right to withdraw credit facilities in the event of any failure by the purchaser to adhere to these terms of payment. It is an express condition of sale that Excel Office Supplies Ltd shall be entitled to charge without notice interest at the rate of 5% above Bank of England Minimum Lending Rate, calculated monthly, on balances more than 7 days overdue, and that in the event of Excel Office Supplies Ltd having recourse to legal action against the purchaser in order to obtain payment of outstanding accounts any costs incurred in so doing are payable by the purchaser on a full indemnity basis and also that Excel Office Supplies Ltd shall be entitled to recover and resell any goods for which payment has not been received by Excel Office Supplies Ltd.
- DISCOUNTS – If Excel Office Supplies Ltd credit terms are not adhered to on a regular basis, Excel Office Supplies Ltd shall be entitled to reduce the level of discount extended to the purchaser.
- RETENTION OF TITLE – Ownership of any goods supplied will remain with Excel Office Supplies Ltd until such time as payment in full is made by the purchaser although risk shall pass to the purchaser on delivery of the goods. In the event of payment not being made within 14 days of the due date, Excel Office Supplies Ltd shall be entitled to enter any premises where the goods may be to recover possession. In the event that such goods be resold by the purchaser prior to payment, Excel Office Supplies Ltd will be entitled to the proceeds of any such sale up to the full amount owing to Excel Office Supplies Ltd. Goods not paid for shall be stored at no cost to Excel Office Supplies Ltd so that they are identifiable as belonging to Excel Office Supplies Ltd. Should the Purchaser use the goods in a further production process the property in the converted product will pass immediately to Excel Office Supplies Ltd and will remain with Excel Office Supplies Ltd from the moment of conversion until the purchaser has paid all sums due to Excel Office Supplies Ltd and the foregoing shall apply to the converted goods as to the original goods themselves.
GENERAL – No variation hereto or addition hereto shall be binding upon Excel Office Supplies Ltd unless given in writing by a Director of Excel Office Supplies Ltd. These Terms and Conditions of Sale shall be governed by English Law. Email and web site acknowledgement of acceptance of these terms and conditions is legally binding.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the company specified in the Contact Us section of this site.
Personal Data is defined by the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services and when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. This data is stored and used for our internal processes alongside light email marketing which you are able to opt out of at any time. The Information recorded is securely stored on our personal data which is accessible by necessary members of staff.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Updated – 20/03/2021
As one of the leading office products resellers, we are committed to promoting sustainable development, to continuously improving our activities, and to conducting our business in a responsible way. Being sensitive to the environment is a key part of our corporate social responsibility.
To show our commitment to protecting the world around us, Excel Office Supplies have worked to achieve an ISO 14001 accreditation, which we first obtained in 2011. Additionally, Excel was awarded the Sustainable Roots grant in 2013 for our commitment to sustainable business. We continue to find new ways of improving our relationship with the environment, and are always looking into innovative ways to reduce our impact on the natural world.
We are working for a better environment
- As a reliable business partner, it is critical to us that we operate as responsible corporate citizens
- We will meet, and where reasonably practicable, exceed the requirements of all applicable environmental legislation and regulations
- We have integrated environmental management into our entire range of business activities
- Our objective is to minimise the adverse environmental impacts of our activities
- Our management takes a leading role in environmental matters for the company, but everyone at our company shares this common vision and takes responsibility for our environmental performance
We source office products responsibly
- We access an extensive supplier base focusing on those suppliers that offer products, services and business methods with the strongest environmental credentials wherever possible
- We support environmental certification based on independent third-party verification, and in 2011 we gained the ISO14001 certification for all of our business activities. We have since been accredited for ISO14001 in 2012 and 2013 and are currently preparing for our 2014 assessment
We look to continuously improve our environmental performance
- We work hard to promote products, services and working methods and to improve our environmental performance and energy efficiency
- We are committed to a process of continuous improvement
- We will work closely with our suppliers, customers and others within our channel to examine ways in which we can work together to improve our combined environmental performance
What can you, as a customer of ours, do to help us help the environment?
- Choose ‘Environmental Delivery’ by entering ‘ENVIRO’ as a product code online. This is subsequently printed on the customer delivery note and routed on a non-urgent delivery schedule – saving on fuel and taking the environment into account.
- Recycle your toner cartridges with Excel. We will pick them up free of charge when we deliver your stationery.
- Use Excel’s Secure Shredding Service – the cheapest and most environmentally-friendly way to safely destruct your paper waste. The paper is shredded and goes back up the supply chain to be made into recycled paper. There is no extra impact on the environment, as your shredding is collected when we deliver your stationery.
- Search our web store for our environmental product ranges by clicking here
Excels’ Commitment to the Environment
We live in a consumable society and we are in a consumables business so we try and set a good example by walking the walk instead of just talking the talk. The state of the environment impacts us all, and it will have a greater impact upon our children and generations to come.
We use and recommend recycled or environmentally accredited paper. To maintain quality in your documents FSC and PEFC papers are made from virgin pulp but from managed forestry schemes. FSC is the Forest Stewardship Council which is founded on inclusive and shared responsibility for setting high social, environmental and economic standards for forest management.
Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) accesses national forestry schemes and verifies that they meet minimum environmental and sustainable criteria.
Other accreditations usually associated with 100% recycled papers are Nordic Swan and Greenpeace. We not only use the environmentally accredited papers but all internal documents are printed on the reverse of previous documents. All paper waste is shredded and recycled.
Excel believes that an ethical and sustainable approach to the paper industry is vital.
During the last 10 years we have seen an increase in the number of compatible toner cartridges being supplied to our customers. These range from recycled cartridges which may not always return value for money as the most important working part of the toner is the drum. With cheap recycled toner cartridges the drum is rarely changed and therefore the cartridge packs up before the true life has been reached.
We prefer to supply quality compatible toner cartridges from manufacturers like Office Basics, Armor and Tinto. We have been working with Tinto Laser Services for 10 years now. We use their toners in our printers and regularly recommend their products.
Excel offer a toner collection and recycling service to our customers.
This environmental policy is reviewed on an on-going basis and will be updated as necessary.
This policy is available to the public on request.
Please let us know if you would like any further details on Excel’s commitment to sustainability and the environment.
Last updated – January 2021
Our policy is to provide products and service of the highest quality which fully satisfy our customers’ requirements.
Our core values are: transparency, community, tenacity, dedication and flexibility. We believe in transparent pricing, community involvement, tenacity in sourcing what is required, dedication to delivering the best customer service, and the flexibility to change and improve the service we provide.
Building upon these core values, our quality policy involves the following commitments:
• To provide a service to our customers which fulfils their product requirements, including ensuring as many products are available as possible, informing customers of backorders, and suggesting alternative items for customers in order to fulfil their order
• To provide a friendly and reliable service to our customers on which they can depend, and to strive to go the extra mile to find a solution to our customers’ queries and requirements
• To supply all products in the expected condition and to endeavour to rectify any issues that arise where this condition is not met
• To ensure that our main suppliers share our core values and commitment to quality and to the environment
• To catalogue and take corrective and preventative action against any complaint against the service we provide
• To listen to our customers and to strive to change our processes for the better as a result of customer input
• To comply with our environmental policy and to encourage our customers to use our shredding and recycling services and our environmental delivery option
• To ensure that all members of staff represent the core values of the company whenever acting in a professional context
• To work with our customers in order to provide them with the best solution for their individual requirements
• To offer contributions to the community in the form of Corporate Social Responsibility
• To continue to uphold the requirements of the ISO 9001 (quality) and 14001 (environmental) accreditations
Last updated 11.08.14
How can we help you?
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project or give us a call on 0345 6460966.
30,000 products from the leading manufacturers available online.
Simply order online or contact us for site survey and installation.
Thousands of ideas to promote your brand. Browse our promo site.
From litho to digital we have a great solution for your printing needs.